Please note: JAM will contact you by email if we are notified during business hours that a facility is closed causing games to be cancelled.
OUTDOOR LEAGUES FOUL WEATHER GUIDELINES:
- All JAM games go ahead rain or shine (including snow or high temperatures).
- JAM will not cancel games nor reschedule games due to foul weather.
- To ensure your opponent will be attending a game during bad weather, please contact the other captain (not JAM!). You can find the contact information for your opponents by clicking on their team name on the schedule grid inside your JAM profile page.
- Since weather predictions are often inaccurate and weather often changes by the hour, it is recommended that any decisions to cancel games due to weather/lightning should be made at the field at the designated start time.
- In the event of severe weather (electrical storms etc.) games should immediately be stopped and players should take cover away from open spaces. If the severe weather passes, and both captains agree to play, the game continues. If the severe weather does not pass and BOTH captains agree not to continue, the GAME ENDS AND THE SCORE COUNTS AS IT WAS WHEN THE GAME WAS STOPPED (as long as at least 20 minutes of play in a 55-minute game, 30 minutes of play in an 85-minute game, or 3 full innings has transpired). NOTE: If only one captain wants to continue and the other captain does not (due to player safety), the game is over. Please note:
- For Canadian players: Environment Canada recommends the following: "Once in a safe location, remain there for 30 minutes after the last rumble of thunder is heard before resuming your outdoor activities." (source)
- For US players: Read all about lightning risks and safety here.
- If a game is stopped due to foul weather, it will not be rescheduled.
Severe Wet Weather:
- JAM will contact you if we know about any park or field closures during business hours and do our best to re-route you to a new field.
- Field closures after hours are done at the discretion of the park supervisor or school staff (i.e. not JAM). In the event that this occurs, please respect the person in charge and do not play on the field.
- For all games cancelled due to official field closures (during OR after business hours), JAM will attempt to reschedule your game to a non-regular league night (this includes weekends).
- There will be no refunds or credits for field closures due to weather.
INDOOR LEAGUES FOUL WEATHER GUIDELINES:
WINTER WEATHER GUIDELINES
RULE: If venues remain open then games proceed as scheduled. If weather conditions cause the closure of a JAM venue, games are cancelled. JAM will contact you if this is the case.
NOTE: Regardless of the weather, ensure that your opponents will be attending your game by contacting the other captain (you do not need to contact JAM). You can find the information for your opponents in your online profile. You MUST contact your opponents if your team is not able to attend a game.
EXCEPTION: The only exception to the above rule is if JAM declares a Severe Weather Situation, based on extreme and unusual winter weather. In the event of a Severe Weather Situation where venues remain open, game standings will be recorded as ONE of the following:
- In games where both teams are able to attend and where both captains agree to play the game, the result of the game will be recorded as usual.
- Severe Weather Situation status will be used at the sole discretion of the JAM Admin Team and is not subject to debate. A decision on this status will be made at 3:00 pm on game day. JAM also reserves the right to retroactively apply Severe Weather Situation status. (i.e. for Sunday games or games in which extreme weather is not evident by the 3pm deadline).
- If JAM has invoked a Severe Weather Situation, games will be scored as a 0-0 tie. i.e. no teams will be penalized for not being able to attend in Severe Weather Conditions. Please contact your opponents if you do not plan on attending.
- We will notify members of a "Severe Weather Situation" via email.
- It is expected that Severe Weather Situation status will only be necessary at most once or twice per winter season. This status will NOT be applied for regular snowstorms or typical winter weather.
- There will be no refunds or credits for games where venues remain open, regardless of whether you attend or not.